Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth hour

was kind of disappointing.

this from the rat's nest:

I happened to be on the trolley for most of Earth hour. My opinion on the event is, dude, just turn your lights off. Don't be the curmudgeon (Jiora) who refuses to deal for one tiny hour with a couple of candles. Some people had their balcony lights turned on, as if in defiance. Stores and banks had their lights blazing as usual. The Parliament building was dark, though. That was kind of cool. Supposedly we had the highest national percentage of people who were going to participate. I wonder if that all panned out in practice.

I feel like I have to write follow-up questions as per the teacher's book I'm writing these days at work: How did pupils spend Earth hour, with family and friends or alone? Did they participate? Do they believe that efforts like Earth hour can help make people more sensitive to the problem of global warming? and so on. Don't you hate the word pupil? It reminds me of the life cycle of the butterfly. 2nd grade? Mrs Larson?

HEY, that huge open sewer hole is still there!!!!!!! Since before Christmas! It's like living on the banks of the River Ganges, except there's no dead cows, just dead (and living) cucas. And those little black dusty bugs that I've already mentioned. I promise that some day I'll take a picture of it. Or call some TV stations to film it or something because it is absolutely incredible. There just doesn't seem to be much hurry because hey, it'll probably be here for a few more months.

When I was talking about things you shouldn't buy in the store, but get from the source, did I say honey? Honey's a big one.

We need to think of a name for K's new apt. I live in the rat's nest, Lou and Jim are on the perch, G's in the pumpkin house...hmm... we have to work the religious angle because she's amidst about a zillion priests, here in the priest ghetto...a play on words, perhaps? Also, it's hot as Hades in here all the time because the radiators are burning hot almost 24/7. So I've given you something to work with. The "bell tower" or "steeple" is out because it's not high enough.

I've got it!!!!!

Priest (pronounced Praste!!!) Pond!
Isn't that what it was called in the Emily Books? Priest Hollow?
We have to think of how "pond" fits in to the whole thing, though.

No comments: