Saturday, October 24, 2009

BLUE FUNK

This from the sickie ward:

Speaking of funk, cutie doc just walked in and said it's gonna get real funky in here because we're going to have to keep it 100% sealed pretty soon. I think I've mentioned that my roommate can get a bit ripe. But I guess it's like the Nastoul Phenomenon. When you're in the room and grow with the stink, it doesn't smell to you, just to the people who walk in from the fresh air. Serves 'em right for being healthy.

So you read the title of the post and prepared yourself for one of my usual curmudgeonly diatribes. No need, for I plan to do some askhseis epi xartou (so to speak) and plan ahead to a year of being healthy. I will make one life goal for each of the next twelve months after I'm out of quarantine. Some of the goals are smaller and some are more involved. In no particular order:

1) Make a specific plan to move to the countryside.
2) Realise my dream of getting a dog.
3) File all my American back taxes for the last ten years. (No need to worry, I haven't made enough money to be taxed!!! The joys of poverty.)
4) YOGA YOGA YOGA
5) Remodel the bathroom of the rat's nest.
6) Remodel the kitchen of the rat's nest.
7) Travel to Chicago.
8) Apply to grad school or stop dreaming about it.
9) Learn how to drive stick. This is a big one.
10)
11)
12)

I'll keep working on it.

2 comments:

LN said...

10) Be our first guest on Ellen and Gianni Talks
11) Try some of Mei's other delights - lemon cookies are only the beginning
12) spotted cow, a bonfire, a moon river, a thunderstorm, fireworks, and giggles all at the same time

Sir Louris W. Badderson said...

I don't know which of those is most tempting! What about a podcast over dinner on the beach during a thunderstorm on the 4th of July. Who'd bring the cow?