Monday, October 19, 2009

HACKNEYED,

c'est moi. Cancer chic(k?) writing from the hospital during chemeo (sic). No insights, but there are plenty of other blogs where you can get those. Actually, I have one insight. Having blood taken out of an artery in your wrist to measure the amount of oxygen is extremely painful. I don't recommend it. So aqui (imagine accent mark) je sit, on Day -7, tired but wired. I just want to get this over with and get back to my life if possible.

In the past few years I keep getting hit over the head with the idea that most people are really unclear on the concept. They place so much value on stuff that doesn't mean shit (eg money*) and don't respect or love people, animals or the natural world. I guess the old fart still amassing money after age 80 really does think he can take it with him. Now y'all know I'm not a believer, not a person "of faith", but if I believed in heaven and hell, no way would you catch me exploiting people and the environment in a zillion ways for a few million bucks. All I'd be able to think about would be those flames licking my ankles and rising upward. *Do not get me wrong about the money thing. I have been quite poor at times in my life and would probably still be considered poor by many people I know. When I say money doesn't mean much, obviously I'm not talking about putting a roof over your family's head and a meal in their guts, paying the bills, etc.

If you're healthy, you have the energy and physical ability, the clear mind to make things happen. You can find ways to change your life and realize your aims. All the cash money in the world isn't doing any good when your scans come back positive, man. And you might be able to pay for the best doctors, but even they may not be able to help you. And then it's just you and your conscience. And if your conscience is telling you that you could have fed some village for a year for less than you pay for your mani/pedis in the same amount of time, then heaven help you.

Sta be for now. good enou'.

No comments: