Thursday, October 29, 2009

Reporting from County

This from the 3rd floor room whose window should have bars because I'm about to jump out...

Dude if I had any hair I would be pulling it out by the roots right now. Lou's had this blog for over two years and I've posted more in the last ten days than in the previous 26 months. But let me make an important announcement, listen up.

1) I WILL NEVER COMMIT A CRIME THAT COULD LAND ME IN JAIL.
2) I WILL ALWAYS BE AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM OTHER PEOPLE COMMITTING CRIMES THAT COULD LAND THEM AND, BY ASSOCIATION, ME IN JAIL.
3) IF I EVER END UP IN JAIL, IT WILL FEEL LIKE THIS POEM:

The eternal, infernal three weeks

Stuck stuck stuck in jail.
Stinky snorer at my side.
Physically assaulted, poked, prodded.
Days are long, nights longer.
Oh when will sweet parole come?

Nothing to do, nowhere to go.
Not welcome out there.
Scrutinized, measured, rated.
Close the door, close the window.
Oh when will gentle furlough arrive?

No comments: