Sunday, December 20, 2009

Carrot to the rescue

Probable last post from the priests' hole, since the beckoning finger of the rat's nest becomes ever more tempting, ever more persuasive. I must follow its hypnotic curvature all the way home.

It is the rare being that hears the siren's call of the rat's nest. Most can't hear it. Me, cucas, vromyars and a few other poor schmucks. Anyway, home is home is home.

I didn't want you to think I'd bit(ten) the dust, so I wanted to post, and thought that if I didn't have anything to say, I could at least look for some old pics on my computer to entertain, and lo and behold, I found these pictures of Carrot that I had taken from my cell. These are from when he first arrived, none the worse for wear, from distant Chicago, his hometown. (But on facebook your hometown is where you're living, not where you're from. I think. asxeto.) He was a little feisty at first, as you'll see, but he soon settled down. He is looking forward to moving to the rat's nest in the next couple of days. (poor little tyke--he doesn't know any better)




If you love Carrot, you'll love his friends. Thank you, Mei, again, for brightening things up!!! (And putting all my creative projects to shame with Carrot's (well, your) artistry!)














Remember, pictures from the cell (double meaning intended!). He's much more handsome than I've depicted him!

1 comment:

LN said...

While Mei is trying to think of something clever to say, I'm going to write that I think carrot is good hands and much better off!! I do want to let you know that I found a diary the other day with one entry in it... I can only assume it was carrot who wrote it. The entry is:
oct 21 2009-today I got to watch my fave movie shawshank and then I got the prime window seat overlooking 28th street. My maker was sad tho- something about me going on a trip- but I'm fine with it, I've got to get out there and away from my roots! Wonder where I'm goin? Hopefully not anywhere near a peeler or steamer, ha!