Saturday, December 5, 2009

This pinata is kicking my ass

But first, from the priest's hole:
Vasilis Kazoulis is an acquired taste which I have acquired.
Hear here.
He just came on the radio and I have to say I love the guy. There was a different video clip I wanted to link to but it was from a public-access cable station with mysterious (pink?) numbers flashing on the screen. I wouldn't want you to call one of them out of curiosity and get an (un)pleasant surprise.

Okay, this pinata is taking more time (especially drying time) and energy than I had anticipated. Plus it's humid because of all the rain. (The 11th mystery of the modern world: how this place can have the radiators burning day and night and yet still be humid...) Making a pinata has several steps, all of them sloppy. But here's where I stand:
After this strange gourd-shaped thing dries, it will get spray-painted blue and decorated with bits of blue/green/orange crepe paper and then it will magically become a scary (worthy of being bludgeoned with a broom handle) MONSTER. It is handmade project number 45. Only 55 more to go. Actually 56, since one of the necklaces is kind of ugly, and I feel bad giving it to anybody, so it'll have to get redone. Anyway, I will definitely post pics of the finished pinata. I am very anxious about it.

Also, please release into the universe your positive vibes for my cellmate from the ospedale, who got out 3 days before me but has had to be hospitalized twice more since then. I had an email from her daughter and apparently her spirits have been low, too. Perhaps I should send her a pinata! I'm sure the results of this one will be good for a lot of laughs.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Are you going to cause the pinata's demise or are you gifting it? They have pinatas now where you pull a bunch of strings and it falls open, I think for small children.

Sir Louris W. Badderson said...

Hi! It's a gift. Read my next post for all the details. A three- and four-year-old will cause its timely DEMISE!!!!!!!!!!! I can just see me, Madam Butterfingers aka "Two left hands", trying to engineer one that gracefully falls open when you pull the strings. My pinata has to be bludgeoned with a baseball bat.