Monday, March 15, 2010

Kazzie Appreciation Society

The rat's nest

has been doubling as the headquarters for the newly formed Kazzie Appreciation Society, and I am the president and founding member. Okay, don't you love the name Keziah? Am I the only one?!?!? It means wild cinnamon bush. And it's a family name. So perfect and beautiful, right? K and the bro-in-law picked something else but I maintain my position and continue calling Kazzie, Kazzie, hoping that it'll stick.

Yesterday the K.A.S. actually received two nutter crank calls. The phone number looked like K's, so I answered "Kazzie Appreciation Society." But it wasn't her, it was some nutter trying to speak English with an eerie high-pitched voice. Who called back again. So I hung up on him/her but it was weird.

I have knitted two spazzie bibs for my niece. Tonight I may start a chevron burp cloth. Chemeo brain has not been allowing me to knit anything much more complicated.

In other news, the bathroom door is ready! Tomorrow I find out when it can be installed. Finally, finally, finally.

Still trying to get over the nasty cold. I think I have to blame my new office mate Al for giving me this cold. He was sniffling the other day, and I said, it sounds like you're coming down with a cold, as I recoiled. And he said it's not a cold, but allergies. Isn't it kind of early for allergy season, though? So despite my best intentions to get in four days at the office this week, it looks like it's gonna be just Wed and Thur because I'll probably have to stay home tomorrow too.

Your friend,
Mrs Potato Head
aka
Marshmallow Face
aka
Allergic to Bee Stings and Just Got Stung in the Face by about Twenty Bees

(gotta love those steroids, man)

4 comments:

Ellen said...

I want into KAS! I'll pay the initiation fee with free-trade chocolate

Ellen said...

Fair trade I meant! And I like the nickname of the nickname: "the kaz"!

Sir Louris W. Badderson said...

There are no membership dues for the Kazzie Appreciation Society. Even for Platinum membership status. But you can still provide the chocolate for one of our meetings.

I always say free-trade by mistake too!

Anonymous said...

The mother of the future not-Keziah (also platinum member) would like to request lemon cookies instead.

Thank you.