Sunday, September 26, 2010

8 WEEKS

and counting in the life of the most brilliant niece. I will lift the following photo from the KAS archives (photo credit:FSM):


Remember how (I can say it now) scrawny and puny, yet extremely lovable, she was when she was born? 2.2 kilos, the weight of two bags of flour and a box of baking soda. Now she is just plump and substantial enough. And strong. The recipe for this is: plenty of milk and morning calisthenics.

Luckily K is very good about sharing her baby with Auntie so I don't have to take drastic underhanded measures. Also I am able to manipulate the situation due to my sickie status. When Kazzie is at her pleasant and appealing best, I have her placed in my lap for some conversation. We have tons of plans to make for when she gets a little older. When she becomes an insane crankypants, I have to pass her off because I can't hold her standing up or dance her around because I might drop her due to lack of power. Although she has a pretty good grip so she could probably hold on. But I wouldn't take the chance.

SUDDEN K.A.S. BULLETIN!
IRREVERENCE TOWARD A LOVING AND UNDESERVING (OF IRREVERENCE) AUNTIE!
(The following photo just reached the offices of the KAS):
(I don't believe any further comment is necessary.)

4 comments:

Mummy said...

brilliant baby!!!not that I'm biased or anything...

Mummy also said...

For clarification:
"2.2 kilos, the weight of two bags of flour and a box of baking soda."

That would be two GREEK bags of flour - not american sized!! (She was born less than one american sized bag of flour!!!)

KAS Update:
She is now wearing her new onesie from cousin Claudia - orange suits her tremendously.

LN said...

The Kaz is sooooo cute!

MerryCrafty said...

How adorable!! Babies are indeed life-giving, but also sleep-taking, so it's nice to hand them back to Mom & Dad, too:) Love the cheeky face. I see that often in my house. Guess she's too young for a timeout for her audacity (hee hee!)....