Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Resolvations

all the way from the rat's nest...
Good and I mean good riddance to 2008. The best thing that I can say about it is that it's over.
2nd worst year in 35 long ones.

Olympie said that there's some astrological thing related to Capricorns or the star of Capricorn or the Tropic of Capricorn... Anyway, the next few decades are going to be much better. Apparently the stars say that it's going to be 'back to basics' for the whole planet. That is music to my ears. I'd like to believe it.

So anyway, not to dwell on the negative side of this coin, with the end of 2008 come the following, in no particular order:

No more cancer.
No more unprofitable business which sucks out my very soul for less moolah than I'd be making on the dole.
No more toxic people playing a role of any importance in my life.
Hair, albeit weird and helmet-shaped or Nero-styled.

I sound negative in my positivity, don't I?

Anyhoo, it's my thirty-fifth today, so a good time to make some statements about the coming time (not only year, but more). I've spent the last fourteen months or so taking stock, didn't wait for today, but it's time to solve some of the stuff that's been hanging around for a long time, now that I have all this insight from being sick and then being well.

Hence the resolvations.

So:

Be well. This means listen to my body and inner voice about all kinds of things.
(This also means not being a chicken shit.)
Listen to live music.
Get my half-moons to the gym.
See my friends often.
Take walks by myself.
Be nice to everybody but extra nice to some people.
Be MYself. Keep working on figuring out who that is (am).
Buy and cook as many natural foods as I can afford.
Cultivate plants on the balcony.
GET A DOG.
NAME MY DOG ARFUR.

more as they occur to me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arfur dice: que quiere decir "resolvations"?