Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Weigh in

The following from the Priest's Hole:

Haven't updated in days! News: Gollum is back in the Shire, released from the ospedale yesterday in a big rush. They swept in and sanitized the place (couldna done it a few days ago, could ya?) and my presence there was erased forever more.

So todo bi and now I'm at the Priest's Hole recovering further.

Skip the following paragraph if you are grossed out by the NECK MEGA MAINLINE.

So after the NECK MEGA MAINLINE was removed, Cutie Doc showed it to me. That thing was huge!!! Imagine the bottom half of a paintbrush of the size you used to have with your watercolor set, but a little bigger, and tapered like it was, but hollow. THAT was in my vein, almost as far in as my heart! And there's a part of it, about half way down, that has holes, and I could see in, and it looked like it was getting clogged! So I asked bigshot oncologist what would have happened if it had gotten clogged and I still needed it, and he said that if they couldn't unclog it, they would have replaced it! I'm so glad I didn't know that possibility existed and I'm also glad I didn't know how huge that thing was because I would have thought I could feel it moving around in my chest.

I may or may not have mentioned in this blog that I am making 100 craft projects to represent the 100 days that a stem cell transplanted person theoretically needs to be considered out of the woods. I will (in some cases have already done) share these with the people who have supported me throughout this difficult time. I have already made and given out 21 beaded necklaces, and have plans to knit some stuff, sew some stuff and (here's where I need the input) make some pinatas (can't find the 'enye'). So I was sitting there thinking about what animal to make (donkey, rooster, etc), and I thought, so I'm going to make a festive interpretation of an animal, and then encourage people to beat it with a stick until its guts spill out. Also, remember that here people have never heard of a pinata, so I'd have to really spell it out for them. And although the people I have in mind as recipients have kids who would probably love it, I can't quite bring myself to do it. I still like the "pinata as artsy activity" idea, however. I considered making a cuca pinata or geometric shape or monster. hmm.

What do you think? Am I totally overreacting or not?

No comments: