Sunday, June 13, 2010

bad blood

I think I've mentioned before that the "look on the bright side" sickies piss me off, like that woman on some forum who was all excited that chemo made her fingernails strong and she could get a decent manicure for the first time in her life. I simply cannot picture myself, in this lifetime or the next, putting a goofy smile on my face and saying, well, they're pumping me full of toxic waste but, hey, don't my nails look fab?

HOWEVER, if I were the person who sees the glass as half full, I would put a goofy smile on my face at 3:05 am and say, kinda cool that there's been a mozzie buzzing around and landing on me for the past hour (tried to kill it but can't*), but which refuses to sting me. My blood is too f-ed up even for this little bugger to suck.

Other Australian vocabulary picked up from the most excellent sodes, McLeod's Daughters:
ute
merc
leftos
(in no particular order)

Remember, you have to use a word something like 14 times to make it your own so start practicing. There's that mozzie again!

* I may have just alienated my only faithful reader. Sorry Rach.**
** Just kidding to other friends who read this blog religiously. (Yeah right.)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

It'd take more than a dead mosquito for you to lose this reader :)

Ellen said...

Dude I can hear (read) you!! ;)

Sir Louris W. Badderson said...

Rach, glad you're still speaking to me. El, what makes you think I was talking about you?!?! Guilty conscience, eh?

Maggie said...

did you commission that portrait of the hungry mozzie? sweet.

Sir Louris W. Badderson said...

Actually, Maggie, I lifted it. Pinched it. Helped myself. I didn't intend for anyone to think I was directly or indirectly responsible for it. Some other clever person drew it!