Sunday, June 13, 2010

OMG Can't believe I forgot to write about this!!!

Okay I know it's really late and Jiora is picking me up at 11 am and then I'm having company for lunch. BUT:

I have to make a huge announcement. Huge in the context of this blog, very minor to utterly insignificant in almost any other context. [Dude, got the mozzie!*] So the other night I confronted Vromyar II about the stogies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allow me to set the scene: The entire rat's nest smelled like el cheapo cigars from his nasty, filthy habit, which I have mentioned in previous posts. The smell was so nasty that the membrane on the inside of my nostrils was irritated! This caused a headache. I couldn't close the balcony doors because it was too hot. I was psychologically f-ed up due to general sickiness and an annoying email from doc. I started coughing/wheezing uncontrollably and couldn't sleep although it was late (2am?). I finally fell asleep only to be reawakened by renewed stink.

SO I DONNED the Lewis R French sweatshirt (for the sake of decency, not warmth, since as I mentioned it was hot) and the flip-flops and flip-flopped downstairs to his filthy door and knocked for sth like 3 minutes. Finally he came to the door and I told him off. To be honest it was somewhat anti-climactic because he was kind of agreeable and apologized and said he'd had no idea and he'd try to cut down. But still, it felt good to finally face off with the dude. Needless to say, when he opened the door an absolute cloud of reek billowed out.

I can't say that he has reformed completely but it does seem that maybe he's cut down some. Vamos a.

*see asterisk of previous post

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I did something similar when we were subletting an apartment when I was pregnant with N. But our downstairs neighbor was really nice-- I was just too chicken to talk to him until I'd spent several nights sleeping in our dining room because the smoke was so bad. He cut down a lot (turns out he wasn't supposed to be smoking there at all.) He was really nice about it, I wish I had done it sooner. I hope your neighbor continues reduce his pollution.