Tuesday, June 22, 2010

a scrap of poetry from the rat's nest to the universe

To my adopted country

I apologize for
(almost)
every time that I
have called you a
third-world
shithole
and the thought of leaving you
makes me sick
to my stomach.

Even the rat's nest
is starting
to look good
and that's...
saying something.

ADVANTAGE OF SPENDING THE NEXT 6 MOS IN THE US:
potentially getting rid of cancer

DISADVANTAGES OF SPENDING THE NEXT 6 MOS IN THE US:
missing the birth of the Spaz
I repeat, missing the emergence of the Spaz
being away from my flowers
missing out on organic veg all summer
no sun* or swimming for another year
being away from my stuff
etc etc etc

In the spirit of my niece, I got a really spazzie dress for Eva's wedding.

Do you think we'll beat Argentina tonight?
Just kidding.

I hereby promise that my next post will be positive.

*No offense but our sun is special.

4 comments:

Full-Scoop Mummy said...

HELLO!? You did not inform the masses that said niece has already (in-utero) made plans to get her passport so she can come visit!!!!

Maggie said...

so are you coming over this way? or still just investigating options? chicago??? :)

Sir Louris W. Badderson said...

Maggie I have pretty much exhausted my options here. I am hoping to be accepted into a clinical trial stateside. Probably not in Chicago, but I'll try to come visit if I'm well enough! I'll come and hold the stopwatch or something while you're doing one of your crazy workouts!

Sir Louris W. Badderson said...

PS FSM:
You flatter me. If the "masses" wish to be informed of anything, I rather doubt they will do so here. But thanks.