Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Extreme Home Makeover: Rat's Nest Edition

from the rat's nest...
I got home from the ospedale to find the front hall and tiny walkway (not really but don't know what to call that little section of hallway that connects "foyer" to kitchen to bathroom to bedroom) painted, and all the doors and doorframes white, as per my request of my handyman*. My original plan was to strip the doors and have them stained, but apparently we can't be sure of the quality of the wood, so it wouldn't be worth it to spend all that time and effort stripping them just to realize the wood is too crappy to show off. The rat's nest is night and day better and inspires me to keep doing stuff in here. Next should probably be bedroom walls or balcony doors?

*Handyman is GNN.

Also the handyman cut down the balcony railing to normal height, not paranoid childproof (we're all adults here!) height.

So the waiting has begun for biopsy results, meanwhile I'm getting whole medical history translated into English. Going to the country to recuperate and get some sun.

[The husband of the lady in the bed by the window turned out to be this crazy racist who started a diatribe on illegal immigrants. I happened to know from his wife that he and his family had been illegals in the States for years (except for his youngest daughter, who was born there). He absolutely lost his temper when I reminded him of that and I think implied that I was not a patriot. (ooh! terrible insult!) Later he tried to apologize and I told him to shove it. Felt very good, but I'm glad it happened on my last day in hosp so the tension wouldn't continue.]

Internet service at the rat's nest continues to be patchy. Why oh why does technology hate me? NO! I must start doing my mantras a la Louise "de la Haye". I should send the following message out to the universe: Technology loves me. It always does my bidding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

asxeto: I stealthily took a picture of a stupid-ass t-shirt for you tonight at the marketplace. It might have to wait until I get home to show you though.

Can't wait to see the redone rat's nest!!!

La mama de Kazzie