Saturday, November 20, 2010

commentarios

When Lou first started this blog, no one knew the address, so it was kind of like a personal diary which I knew no one read. Now at least ten people that I know read it at least occasionally, but there are almost never any comments. And when there are, it's always the same people (who I love and appreciate). It's like a voidy vacuum that isn't. Granted the things I talk about do not inspire much controversy. But it feels like when Korye and I hosted the radio show "Talk It Up" and nobody would call in. Then I'd meet some random person who would tell me they listened to the show, but we never knew that because we didn't get the feedback.

So I think the solution is to write a very controversial entry which is bound to pull people out of the woodwork. Something really shocking. I will mull this over and prepare for it. Right now I do not know what it could be but be warned that it'll be a shocker...You will be forced to comment. I mean, on fb people say the most mundane things and get like 8 comments. My NJ cuz J says "TGIF" and gets 16 responses. What is up with that?!?!?!

Maybe the answer is to be mundane. And maybe give a little personal info to make it spicy. Here goes:

My least favorite tile in mahjong is the bird. I hate it and try to get rid of the two stupid pairs as quickly as possible. My next least favorite is the black dragon, followed by the red one.

I think the numbers in sudoku have personalities. The 7 is a pilot, and sort of scary. The 6 and 9 are austere, and the 3 is kind of slutty. Will Shortz, you have seriously imbalanced my mental condition.

I sit alone in the rat's nest. All the balcony doors are open. It is really cold but I don't want to close them. I want to hold on to the idea of nice weather a bit longer. My fingers are numb as they stick out of the sleeves of the pumpkin show sweatshirt and try to type.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Badderson - you forgot to mention that your personal perfect niece was on her way over!!!

Unknown said...

Gosh, how we shamelessly had people call into "Talk it Up," Did we ever talk about anything controversial?

I know what you mean about FB and people either liking or commenting on something. Kind of like when we got published in Dear Abby and everyone's grandmother sent the clipping to their grandchildren at Carleton. Love your blog and love your writing.

Sir Louris W. Badderson said...

I was going to mention our getting published across the country when we wrote to Dear Abby using the tried and true formula, because in this entry I said "who I love and appreciate" and while that is PERFECTLY acceptable, purists would prefer "whom" and Abby corrected that in our letter, if you recall!

I think Talk It Up did touch on some controversy, such as "Carleton style." I think we disagreed on whether such a thing existed!

Thanks for commenting! Spasiba bolshaya, as I used to say.

Rachel said...

Sometimes I don't comment because I'm not sure if my thought are too personal/specific for the internets so I write whatever to an email to you instead.

And sometimes, my first reaction is kind of too dumb to post-- like when I read your last entry I thought "Man, I HATE changing comforter covers." And once again I also think that K looks like every member of your family and is adorable but I I have mentioned those things before :)

I stay away from controversial FB posts I hate the thought of getting into an argument with crazy strangers. And if the person annoying me is the poster, I just hide them from my feed. Wow that sounds really meek of me. I just don't have the energy or time though, you know?

And yeah the number of comments a post gets on FB seems to have little rhyme or reason.

LN said...

The most responses I ever got on FB was when I bitched about man caves. I think the thing is to get someone's goat!

If you want a playbook for getting more comments and readers, watch Glenn Beck. That man is a professional goat-getter. But also, he blatantly insults as well. So, he's underhanded and blatant. He's cornered the evil market entirely.

Another tip: Turn the cover inside out and then pull the cover over the comforter as you are turning it outside in...instead of trying to stuff the comforter into the cover.

Sir Louris W. Badderson said...

Yeah I totally do the inside-out thing! Cory taught me in college! At the risk of sounding naive, what are man caves? I can't inspire reactions writing about them if I don't know what they are. Also, El, don't get like a weird Stockholm Syndrome thing for Glen Beck because you're forced to researrch him. I don't think Mei would put up with it.

Rach, no comment is too silly or stupid to post!! But thanks for reserving more personal stuff for email!