Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy New Month

The Greek Elvis chided me for not having blogged for a month. This is true. However, a fever put the kabosh on my plan to write when I got out of the ospedale the first time. So I was in for two weeks, came out and saw the Spaz ONCE, then returned to the rat's nest and succumbed to the fiery temps. So then the docs made me check back in and I was there for another two weeks. I got a lung infection somewhere, so I had to take several days of VONCON (I like the name of this drug), and they had to wait for my whites to come up (from the high-dose methotrexate I went in for in the first place), and I had a few transfusions to build up my hematocrit and blah blah blah.

I have mentioned previously in this blog that I am a potential nudist. This is because I have no modesty or dignity left, so it would be no big deal for me to walk around naked in front of a bunch of strangers. I have been stripped of all bodily propriety. Case in point is the crotch blood-letting. Never heard of this? Allow me to enlighten you. If you have no and I mean no accessible veins and your collar-bone main line has these tiny tubes that accept fluids but don't give blood, which defeats part of their purpose, then the docs have to take blood from an artery, which they usually try to avoid. Not sure why. They always take from a wrist artery when they want to see the gases. This hurts like I cannot describe.

ANYHOO. So an artery they like to take from (this is not pervy doctors, just regular ones) is near the pelvic bone that sticks out in the front. In order for them to gain access to the area, however, you have to drop your drawers pretty much all the way. Ok, they're doctors, they've seen it all, cool. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER EIGHT PEOPLE THAT WALK IN, THOUGH? CLOSED DOOR, PEOPLE. The sweet girls who serve the food (for the hundredth time, thanks but no thanks on the rock-hard, completely unseasoned chicken breast and greasy (with bad oil) potatoes), the roommate's deaf mother (nice excuse to do whatever you want and pretend you didn't hear you weren't supposed to), cleaning lady, high-school-aged nurses in training, shall I go on? So when you see my snow-white half-moons jiggling down Super Paradise (over the rocks to other side, of course), don't be shocked or surprised but please oh please don't take any pictures.
Tomorrow I leave for the perch. I will be joined by Dappy, K and...THE JOEY!!! Who is the joey, you ask. The joey is a small baby that spends time in a pouch, has biggish feet (in the right shoes), likes to punch (box), can bounce (in her bouncy chair), and more. The joey is Kazzie!
We will return on Saturday and on Sunday we vote!!!!!!! THIRD PARTY I cannot say this loud enough. THIRD PARTY candidates!!!!!!!! The top two parties have turned us into an indebted, third-world shithole!!!!!!!!

I will still try to write about some of the topics I listed in my previous post. I have to do some scanning on the perch. Until then, my friends!

SHOUT OUT TO FIRST COUSIN, CODE NAME: MAR-MAR, WHO I RECENTLY FOUND OUT READS THIS BLOG.(OF COURSE I NEVER OUT MY READERS BY USING REAL NAMES!)

1 comment:

Mer said...

Happy New Month indeed. We are suffering from some interesting elections as well, but at least the coasts have done our blue-state job. California is not completely going to the corporate-ceo-dogs.

Kazzie is getting cuter and cuter! Hug her for me.

And give yourself a hug too. Sorry I can't be there to do it in person. And please, make them close that darned door!