Sunday, November 7, 2010

Oongawa

Back in the rat's nest...
returned from the perch.

Strange psychological undercurrents on the perch. Sir Lou Reese consumed by jealousy and acting even weirder than usual. The joey and cats palpably ignoring each other. The joey identifying and focusing on objects invisible to your and my naked eyes...



Also an excellent visit with a new friend, born four days after Kazzie to very nice and down-to-earth friend E and her partner, the wine master. Cool because I knew and loved both of them before they even started dating, and now they are a brilliant family, including a very pretty little girl. Kazzie and Ch. may become great summertime friends and when they are teenagers we can tease them with this picture. Another meeting is already in the works but basically we must plan for summer! Ch.'s grandfather's house has a private sandy beach about ten minutes from the perch and E's house!



On this same day we stopped at the beach and had a little photoshoot in front of the water. Not one of my best ideas, since Kazzie was asleep and then got a bit cranky when we woke her up. Also I fell down and couldn't get up due to jelly legs! Finally K had me turn around and she yanked me up by my belt loops. I thought I was going to have to live out my days on that beach. I kept thinking of that lady in that medic alert commercial who said in a very annoying voice, I've fallen--and I can't get up! The thing is I'm on a campaign to get some pics of K with her baby so Kazzie doesn't grow up thinking she was adopted from the PIKPA. K is good about getting tons of pics of the joey but rarely poses with her. Auntie usually feels uncomfortable about her sickie appearance (I've only had eyebrows again for the past month). I guess there are mostly pics of the Spaz and her baba.

It was a really beautiful day, though. There were even people swimming further down. November 5, it was, friends.
And now I must ask: Who does this child look like? Who? Even without the almost-bald head. Whose expression is this? Think of what somebody you know looked like years ago, not as a repulsive sickie. Think hard. There is no prize if you guess right because the answer is obvious. The nose may give it away.
[Confidential to El: Aunties of the world unite to shape our nieces in our own flawed but well-intentioned images!]

Now you're wondering: What's up with that title? What is Oongawa. Well, it was G's first "word". Kazzie's was "agoo", but weirdly enough, we think she has also said oongawa. She has never met Uncle G (not that he still says this) so this is very strange. I will continue listening and keep you posted.

Tomorrow it's back to the ospedale to get some blood tests and possibly check in to begin the next chemo regimen: the dreaded mustard gas derivative. No internet in the hospital this time so I may be patchy on my postings, depending on how long they keep me in. Interesting aside: I read that this chemical costs 3000USD per dose in the States and 300USD/dose in Europe. "Food foh thought, food foh thought", as Mrs Guhbuh the sub used to say as she passed around one saltine each.

3 comments:

FSM said...

I love my baby!!!

You need to post that scanned baby pic of you for comparison's sake - you're too pointy now.

LN said...

NO DOUBT the Kaz resembles you! I see it! I am thinking of one of the baby pics hanging near the perch!

*Our nieces shall kick ass because with resemblance comes power! Oh I just made that up but it would be awesome if it made sense!! Nonetheless, kick ass they will!!

Sir Louris W. Badderson said...

Yes Ellen YES!!!
Dude am I the only one who remembers Mrs Gerber and her package of saltines?