Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ospedale etiquette, people!

from room 42, a triple

For the past 2+ hours the woman in the bed next to me has had five (!) visitors. They are occupying all the chairs (two of the people sitting down are young men). They are f-ing loud. Tomorrow is my biopsy, so I'm going to tell the lady (after they leave) to stagger her visitors tomorrow. The other woman has three visitors, also very loud. (Just heard inconsiderate chick number 1 is expecting someone else!) Unbelievable. The sibs and the BIL brought me lunch and we ate it at a picnic table outside. Didn't bother anybody. I am about to ask one of the young men to stand up so I can take a chair out to the balcony and get away from the noise pollution. Hold on.

Ok. that's better. I can hear that another person just walked in but I don't care any more.
I'm allowed one hormone-filled yoghurt tonight before midnight, and then no food or water until after the surgery. Unfortunately they brought the yoghurt at 6pm. So now it's going to be warm and runny...

That's all for my curmudgeonly post. Soon I will upload pics of the world's biggest ice-covered oxygen tank which we saw on our way back from our picnic.

3 comments:

rn said...

You shouldn't have to put up with all that nonsense-- can you tell a nurse to get rid of some of the excessive guests? There has to be some hospital limit they are breaking. It's a hospital, you shouldn't have to deal with someone's tailgate party.

Are those patients in for similar procedures or just anything?

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

Ellen said...

Thinking about you too!
Wish I could tell those loud people to bite my butt!

Sir Louris W. Badderson said...

They didn't tell me much about their own procedures because they were too busy asking me nosy questions about mine! (My supposed one, because if you keep reading, you'll see I got sent home!) Also, I could have said sth to the nurse but I didn't want to create an antagonistic relationship with sb living a couple of feet away from me. I did say sth to her after they left, though. Thanks to both of you for your kind thoughts!!