Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Eggs, myths, friends and chemeo

Don't read this post if you want to stay awake.
Here are my random thoughts for the day.
I am a sort-of eggspert. Why do I claim to be an eggspert? Not because I know how to cook every type of egg, but because I eat eggs almost every morning. (Wetted rye rusks, two eggs over-easy, tomatoes and mushrooms) You're thinking: If the cancer doesn't kill you, the cholesterol and calories will. (Reminder in my defense: HUGE amounts of steroids make you hungry.) I think eggs should be on the list of things that you should get from the source, not the super, like olive oil, honey, lemons and so on. You know: the more spherical the yolk when you break it, the fresher the egg. So last week I had some eggs from the country where the yolk was a perfect globe. No joke. Yummety yum. The other thing is that eggs from the super have really thin shells (something to do with what they feed the chickens), whereas eggs from the village have really hard shells that you have to bang against the side of the pan with lots of power just to get a small crack. Have I said enough about eggs? Moving on.

The Myth Busters annoy the hell out of me. Is that unfair and rude? Is it because I'm not smart enough to like sciencey shows? It's just that I'm prepared to believe that these things are myths without having that goofy bearded guy jump through all those hoops to prove it. I'm so disappointed when I turn on skai tsannel to see one of my nature/animal shows or makeover shows and it's the Myth Busters (or, worse, worst of all, Takaheshi's f-ing Castle). I know this is an unpopular opinion. I am willing to stand alone on this, though.

Eva and Vlad stopped by on their way back to Kefalonia from Evia just for a flying visit. Thank goodness for life-giving friends!!! Babis the dog stayed in the car, which I think was wise because...

I had chemeo today, nasty MTX, so I am a bit...zavlakomeni...how to say in Engliss...stupefied, out of it. I'm just glad I didn't get rejected again.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I won't tell Bob what you said about Mythbusters...it's one of his favs! But often, it puts me to sleep~ seriously!
I try to get eggs sometimes at the farmers' market. I do worry that they will break when I walk home but so be it. Also cage free... does that make them more globular too?

Sir Louris W. Badderson said...

I know. I was actually thinking about Bob when I wrote that! I saw your pics from the outside of that warehouse/studio!!! Cage-free prob doesn't makes eggs more globular (good word); that's based on how fresh they are. Cage-free/free-range is good for a ton of other reasons, though. Another egg factor is yellowness. We had some the other day that were bright, bright yellow. I wonder what the chickens had eaten.

ellen said...

Flat surface flat surface!!! :)