Friday, April 2, 2010

THIS HAPPENED ON MONDAY

in the rat's nest, the following refrain echoes:

Lappie è morto.

Not the original lappie, but anyway, my computadora is dead dead dead, like a squashed cuca on the ground floor outside the elevator by the sewage hell mouth that I may just may have mentioned in this blog before.

So actually I'm in the priests' hole catching you up on a crazy week beginning with:

FLYING LESSONS
I tried to fly and landed on my face. I will say that again. I landed on my face on the pavement. And had to go to the emergency room for stitches and a tetanus shot. The edge of my frameless glasses, the edge of the crystal, dug a deep gash into my eyebrow. Well, a 4-stitch gash. Now I'm going to be like Notis from Fame Story, or those other people that shave a line through their eyebrow to look cool, but four years after the trend!!! On top of everything else, man. Then in the ER, the resident was surrounded by about eight whippersnappers and called out, okay, who wants to try some stitches? I said, Augh, please somebody with a steady hand, I have enough problems including low platelets! Anyway, there were no volunteers so she did it herself. Pali kala. I am an f-ing freak show. I am a walking talking freak show. This is not even funny. The humor left this situation a long time ago and is now vacationing in the Bahamas.

REJECTION
Got rejected from chemeo again on Wednesday. Screwed up platelets. Set back, way back. Also, neither of the sibs is compatible for stem cells. I am at the mercy of a kind stranger. Will see if that kind stranger exists. Apparently if there is a kind stranger, and this person saves your life, and you live for another year and a half, and they want to, you can get their address and send them a letter to thank them.

OTRAS CO
Can't think of much else, actually. I should probably say that my mother is a hero of social medicine of sorts. She accomplishes stuff with bureaucrats that you would not believe. It's like the one nice and competent person in these offices hones in on her appearance of damsel (but the old lady version, not exactly demoiselle) in distress and rewards her persistence with results. So here I am saying, just go home, there's no way you're going to figure this out today, and she comes home with two signatures, an appointment and a success story about telling off a line budger. Unbelievable. She gave a gardenia to one of her favorite doctors in the fund offices, a plant we had planned to give my onco to thank her for being nice when I called her late at night from the ER to see if I could get a tetanus shot, but she wasn't there so Mom was carting it around on her errands.

No comments: